Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Whistling into the Wind, Again

Inconsistent blogging loses anyone interested after a while of not finding anything newly posted.  Mass media programming with its regularity, its appointment consumption, I’d argue, has trained us to expect a consistency of event at correctly anticipated intervals.  The surprise and disappointment is when a series goes on hiatus.  However, one has to wonder with on-line entertainment sources moving to dominate people’s source selection dislocating consumption time to the user’s schedule and with the ever increasing use of the hiatus as a programming tool-when a series disappears from view altogether for a considerable time-if we are not being retrained to accept lengthy absences of affection attached mediated faire.  Still, I suspect our mass production standardized, sliced white bread, culture holds a deeper power over our feelings so when there is an absence in my blog, especially of the present kind, no one who said they were reading it even checks-in to see if it has resumed.  So, I resume writing as if this is new.  And as new within the oceans of blogs, I will be writing as much in the hopes of being recognized as knowing there is an audience out there waiting in anticipation for the blog to continue. 


What’s more, I have withdrawn from almost every professional and political group with which I’ve associated within the last ten years reducing to zero the publicity paths I’ve taken to gather folks to this blog.  So, I do not even have these channels available. 
An explanation of this withdrawal will be placed here over the next few weeks.   In sum, my stubborn insistence on the idiosyncratic synthesis and application of insights of authors my formal education assigned me to study and the obstinate resolve to actualize my deepest beliefs in the shared generosity of human spirit and the tolerance, if not the acceptance, of a diversity of educated thought and the practices constructed from it, met the equally tenacious human condition of having to go along to get along to have a successful working life yielding disillusionment in the faith I placed in those individuals and organizations I relied on to help me achieve a working life.  This disenchantment and the prospects of nothing further than more of the same led me to conclude there was only sustained hurt from the continued associations, especially, those build over the last ten years, but some which I had cultivated over the last forty.
So, untethered from where I was but still a person of my history, I am, more than the first blog post and on more than one level, whistling into the wind, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment