Friday, September 2, 2016

Well, I'm at it again!


Yep, I’m at it again…trying to get somebody(bodies) to work with me to put together “my school”.  The last I posted on the blog was in great despair for it ever being realized.  Indeed, it keeps on happening:  I get a couple of folks to listen; they say encouraging words but nothing comes of them.  I give up, place the project in a deep dark drawer and retreat into myself, blaming myself for being such a gigantically imperfect salesperson.  Then, having recovered some sense of “reality”, I open the drawer take out the concept, rework it and, again, reach out to whoever would agree to listen.  But, the pattern repeats.  This has been the way for over ten years!  Maybe it’s time to accept it will never fly!  Naaa! 
I should report that through a good deal of last year and into this I thought I was making progress in building allies in the NYC Queens Borough President’s Office.  Since I was looking for the school to be sited in my home borough of Queens and since I was working for it to be a new, small public demonstration school, I had thought the Queen’s Borough President’s advocacy for it would greatly move others to come on-board eventually collecting enough political clout with which to finally open the Office of the Mayor and his folks in Education to sanction the effort.  In fact, the prospect of approval of concept and recommendation to the office of new school development in the Department of Education was held out to me as almost certain.  And with starting to work with the folks in the office of new school development, I was anticipating, I could far better recruit folks wiling to team to get the project translated from black marks on white screens into brick and mortar.  As you might have surmised, the pattern is holding.  Still, folks in the Borough President’s office have yet to say no.  So, until then, I remain in hope and in hope I am reaching out to others in the BP’s office and to others with whom I’ve connected these last couple of years to see what can be done on getting the project underway.
In the past I have used this blog as a repository for my concept writing so to steer folks to it instead of handing them reams of paper.  Somehow small book length manuscripts scare people to the point they will decline to read and take seriously anything contained within, although I do gift them a short synopses which seem s to be acceptable.  Thus, I will continue to do so now with the current iteration of the concept. 

Over the course of the next few weeks, then, this blog will fill with the “new, improved” vision of the school concept.  As it is said, “Watch this space!”

No comments:

Post a Comment